The Home had several different locations until September of 1924 when a two-story red brick building was dedicated and the Home had it's first permanent facility in
Portales. In 1937, Mr. and Mrs. Walker C. Hubbard came to Portales and faithfully served at the Home for the next 34 years.
They significantly guided the Home through those 34 years and brought many changes in the situations and needs of families and children in crisis.
Additionally, it was during this time that the name of the Home was changed from New Mexico Baptist Orphans Home to New Mexico Baptist Children's Home, reflecting the concerns
of Baptists for all children in need.